- City Council
- Election Info
- Voting Info
Passport Application Services
The City of Petaluma accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. U.S. citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports BY APPOINTMENT ONLY* during the following hours:
Mondays: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Wednesdays: 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
*Because passport applications have nearly doubled in recent months, and because of reduced staffing, effective March 1, 2013, we will only be accepting applications by appointment during the hours listed above. To schedule an appointment, please call the City Clerk's Office at 707.778.4360 or email us at email@example.com. The City Clerk's Office is at 11 English Street, Petaluma.
When applying for a passport, you must have the following:
- A fully completed Passport Application Form (DS-11), except for signature.
- One passport photo taken within the last two months. Passport photos may be obtained at CVS, Kinko's, Costco, or Shutterbug.
- Identification (e.g., current driver's license).
- Evidence of Citizenship (a Certified Copy Birth Certificate, available from the County in which you were born - NOT A PHOTOCOPY, or other U.S. Department of State acceptable document).
Fees are as follows (updated as of July 13, 2010):
- $80.00 - Applicants 15 years of age or younger (check or money order - no cash or credit cards accepted - made payable to U.S. Department of State). - Processing time is 4 - 6 weeks.
- $110.00 - Applicants 16 years of age or older (check or money order - no cash or credit cards accepted - made payable to U.S. Department of State). - Processing time is 4 - 6 weeks.
- $25.00 - City of Petaluma Execution Fee (cash, credit card, or check).
- $60.00 - Expedite Fee (check or money order - no cash or credit cards accepted - made payable to U.S. Department of State). - Optional - reduces processing time to 2 - 3 weeks.
- $12.85 - Overnight mail fee (check or money order - no cash or credit cards accepted - made payable to U.S. Department of State) - Optional - for expedited applications only.
For application forms, additional information on required documentation, fees, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, visit the only official website for passport information: www.travel.state.gov.
At least one happy customer reports (on Yelp.com) - "When I pulled up to this office I thought to myself, wow, this place needs a renovation. And then I walked inside and I was surrounded by wood paneling with about 36 too many coats of clear varnish and I thought, great... Another government office with terrible and depressing decor, these people can't be happy. And when non-happy people are helping you, service usually goes right out of the window.
But somehow these incredible people are REALLY happy! And REALLY nice! And REALLY helpful! A government agency with really nice people who are actually helpful and have their system totally worked out so there's no unnecessary time wasted? A true anomaly.
By the way, the google searches, the website directions all say you can go to the post office, who then tells you to go somewhere else, where they only do photos. THIS is the place to go to get a passport. They do everything. Bring cash or two checks. One for the Department of State and one for the City of Petaluma cashier's office."
Contact InformationCity Clerk,
Claire Cooper, CMC
11 English Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Mon-Thurs