- Prevention & Technical Services
New! Watch Petaluma's Emergency Operations Center in action (produced by PCA.TV)
HELP PETALUMA BECOME A
HEARTSAFE COMMUNITY - LEARN CPR!
Focus on Fire Safety During Your Spring Cleaning
- Prevent dryer fires by cleaning the lint filter after every load. Clean your dryer vent ductwork every year.
- Prevent garage fires by storing flammable items such as oil, gasoline, paints, varnishes, and propane in a shed away from your home.
- When the clocks “spring” forward, replace the battery in your smoke detectors. If the smoke detector is more than 10 years old, replace it.
- Have a fire escape plan for your home. Know two ways out and have a meeting place outside. Practice your plan with the whole family two times a year
- Career Opportunities
- Organization Charts
The Petaluma Fire Department provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services within the Petaluma city limits, Southern Sonoma County and a portion of Marin County. The service area covers 184 square miles and a population of 70,000 people. There are 58 paid personnel on staff; of these, 48 are divided among 3 platoons that work 24-hour rotating shifts. The minimum staffing for each shift is 15 which includes the staffing of two paramedic engine companies, one aerial ladder company and two paramedic advanced life support ambulances.
Serving and protecting the community of Petaluma is the department's primary goal through public education, through fire prevention and code enforcement, and through emergency response. Read the Welcome Message from the Chief and the Petaluma Fire Department Mission Statement.
- Station 1 (Fire Administration) – 198 'D' Street
- Station 2 (Training Facility) – 1001 N. McDowell Blvd.
- Station 3 – 831 S. McDowell Blvd.
- Fire Prevention Office (City Hall) – 22 Bassett Street
Leonard Thompson, Fire Chief
Battalion Chief - Fire Administration
Interim Fire Marshal – Fire Prevention & Technical Services Division
Battalion Chief - Support Services Division
Battalion Chief - Operations & Disaster Preparedness
Battalion Chief - Communications, Technology, Safety & Wellness, Training
Petaluma Fire Department Location:
198 ‘D’ St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
alternative emergency phone:
Fire Prevention Bureau Location:
22 Bassett Street
11 English Street
Petaluma, CA 94952
City of Petaluma Special Event/Emergency Hotline 781-1283