Finance Department Department Home

Doing Business IN or WITH the City of Petaluma


Are you a contractor or vendor, seeking to to business with the City of Petaluma? Here's some things you should know:

All businesses doing business IN the City of Petaluma are required to have a current business license. See here for details.


All business, including contractors, need business licenses. More information relating to business licenses is here. As of 2013, you can renew your business license online.

If you're looking for information on permits, here are the Planning (for larger projects) and Building (building permits) web sections.

We post information for prosepctive bidders on large public works project here and information for large development projects here.

Information concerning encroachment permits is contained here.

If you're already a vendor, as of August, 2012, businesses who are vendors of the City can sign up for Accounts Payable Web (AP Web). Here, they can check payment status, history, and update address information.

To be considered for future opportunities, to be added to our bidders' lists, please complete this form as completely as possible.




Contact Information

Finance Director,
Corey Garberolio
11 English St.
Petaluma, CA 94952
phone: 707.778.4352
fax: 707.931.0667
Hours: 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Monday - Thursday
Closed Fridays